Everything You Should Know about Air Conditioning
Everything You Should Know About Air Conditioning:
Air conditioning is key part of providing a comfortable drive, especially on a hot summer day. There are many different components of the A/C system. Over time, these parts many brake. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to key signs that your air conditioning many need fixed.
What are the Key Components?
- Compressor: The compressor serves several functions in the A/C system. These functions include pressurizing the refrigerant to cool the air, controlling and monitoring temperature output, and moving air to the condenser.
- Condenser: This part is often located in the front of the radiator. The condenser helps to reduce the pressure and temperature of hot gasses coming from the refrigerant. Then, the refrigerant moves from the condenser to the accumulator.
- Accumulator: This part of the A/C system is responsible for controlling and monitoring how much refrigerant goes into the evaporator. In addition, the accumulator filters decries and removes moisture.
- Thermal Expansion Valve: The expansion valve is located in-between the condenser and evaporator. This part of the air conditioning system helps to calculate the exact amount of refrigerant that can safely enter the evaporator.
- Evaporator: Lastly, this component is located behind the dashboard. It is responsible for cooling the air with the refrigerant before it foes through the cabin of the vehicle.
Signs that Air Conditioning may need fixed:
Because there are so many parts of the A/C system, there is a chance that something could break or become worn down. One sign that there could be something wrong is if the system starts blowing warm air. Additionally, the A/C system may make unusual sounds. When inspection the air conditioning system, some things that are checked include amount of refrigerant and if there are any leaks.
If you believe your air conditioning may need fixed, give us a call at 330-965-7144, or click to schedule an appointment.