Ohio Sprint Car Events Near Youngstown, Ohio
If you’re a fan of racing, the Youngstown area is a great place to be. You can find drag strips, BMX parks, and action-packed raceways. There’s usually some kind of racing event nearly every weekend around here, which is great news if the roar of engines and squeal of tires is what gets you the most pumped. For sprint car events, there are three primary places where you’ll want to go around Youngstown. Here’s a quick rundown of what they have to offer and some details on upcoming events that you’ll want to include on your calendar.
Attica Raceway Park
The Attica Raceway Park features a 1/3-mile banked clay oval. Its weekly events include racing programs for 410 sprint cars, 305 sprint cars, and late models. Admission for regular events is $18 for adults, $15 for seniors, and $10 for attendees aged 11 to 15. Those 10 and under are free. A pit pass is $30. On Saturdays, the gates open at 2 p.m. and races start at 5 p.m. On all other days, the gates open at 5 p.m. and races start at 7:45 p.m.
Upcoming events include:
- Friday, May 27: Mid-Season Championship Night, $4,000 purse for 410 sprints, $2,000 purse for UMP late models, and $1,000 purse for 305 sprints.
- Friday, June 3: All-Star Circuit Champions, $6,000 purse for 410 sprints, $1,000 purse for 305 sprints, and $2,000 purse for UMP late models.
- Friday, June 10: All-Star Circuit of Champions, $6,000 purse for 410 sprints and $2,000 purse for UMP Late Models.
- Friday, June 24: AFCS 410 sprints and 305 sprints, Attica/Oakshade late models.
- Friday, July 1: Fan Appreciation Night with $10 GA.
- Friday, July 8: AFCS 410 sprints and 305 sprints, Attica/Oakshade late models.
- Tuesday, July 12: World of Outlaws 410 sprints with a $15,000 purse.
- Friday, July 22: AFCS 410 sprints and 305 sprints, UMP late models.
- Friday, July 29: AFCS 410 sprints and 305 sprints, UMP late models.
- Friday, August 19: AFCS 410 sprints and 305 sprints, UMP late models.
- Friday, August 26: AFCS 410 sprints and 305 sprints, Attica/Oakshade late models.
Sharon Speedway’s banked clay track has a long history of thrilling drivers and attendees alike. Operating since 1929, this is one of the oldest continuously running race tracks in the country to host weekly events. You’ll find no shortage of sprint events to enjoy here. Tickets are generally between $25 and $35, but they vary by event.
Upcoming events include:
- Saturday, May 21: WoO Sprints with a $10,000 purse.
- Friday, May 27 and Saturday, May 28: WoO Late Models with a $20,000 purse.
- Saturday, June 18: Steel Valley Thunder, RUSH Sprints, pro stocks, MFG night, renegade UMP mod series, and RUSH sportsman mod tour with $800 purse.
- Saturday, June 25: Super Series, 410 sprints with a $3,000 purse.
- Saturday, July 30: 410 sprints with $3,000 purse, pro stocks, RUSH sportsman mods, and econo mods.
- Saturday, August 6: Super Series/”Bill Kirila Memorial”, pro stocks, RUSH sportsman mods, econo mods, and 410 sprints.
Jim and Jen Good purchased the former Deerfield Raceway in 2020 and brought it back to life after the track was abandoned for almost two years. The 1/4-mile semi-banked clay track at Good’s Raceway hosts an average of 85 participants in its events. Grandstand tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children. Pit passes are $30 for adults and $25 for children. The gates open at 4:30 p.m. and racing starts at 6:00 p.m.
Upcoming events include:
- Saturday, June 18: Pappy Williams Dwarfs Memorial Race and Father’s Day Special, 7 divisions.
- Saturday, July 2: Firecracker Frenzy, 8 divisions.
- Saturday, July 16: Mid-Season Championship and Meet the Drivers Night, 8 divisions.
- Saturday, July 23: Christmas in July, 8 divisions.
Super Series/Western PA Speedweek
This Sharon Speedway race is on June 4, 2022, and features 410 sprints, RUSH sprints, and RUSH sportsman and econo mods. This is one of the events that make up Western PA Speedweek. The event features an increased A-main purse offering $3,000 a night to the winner as well as an additional $2,000 to spread across positions 2 to 24. The runner-up receives a $1,500 prize and a minimum of $300 goes to all A-Main starters.
Tickets are $20 for general admission and $35 for a pit pass. The pit opens at 4 p.m., gates open at 5 p.m., and the race starts at 7 p.m. The rest of PA Speedweek includes:
- Wednesday, June 1, at Michael’s Mercer Raceway in Mercer, PA.
- Thursday, June 2, at Thunder Mountain Speedway in Brookville, PA.
- Friday, June 3, at Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, PA.
- Sunday, June 5, at Tri-City Raceway Park in Franklin, PA.
Ohio Sprint Speedweek
The Ohio Sprint Speedweek is a nine-day event with more than $241,000 in the total purse. If you’re interested in following the whole tour, the event includes:
- Friday, June 18, at Attica Raceway Park in Attica, OH.
- Saturday, June 19, at KC Raceway in Waverly, OH.
- Sunday, June 20, at Millstream Speedway in Findlay, OH.
- Monday, June 21, at Wayne County Speedway in Orrville, OH.
- Tuesday, June 22, at Hilltop Speedway in Millersburg, OH.
- Wednesday, June 23, at Waynesfield Motorsports Park in Waynesfield, OH.
- Thursday, June 24, at Sharon Speedway in Hartford, OH.
- Friday, June 25, at Limaland Motorsports Park in Elida, OH.
- Saturday, June 26, at Fremont Speedway in Fremont, OH.
The closest option for Youngstown residents is the Thursday night race at Sharon Speedway. The pit gates will open at 3 p.m. with regular gates at 4 p.m. and the race at 7 p.m. General admission and reserved seating is $25. A pit pass is $35. Pennsylvania teams are expected to join the sprint for this leg of Speedweek, battling the All-Stars.
Do you know of some other great racing events that we should include on the calendar? Contact our team at Sweeny Cars and let us know so we can update our listings. We love having all the best recommendations for our customers, so they’ll know where to go when they drive off the lot.