Why Pre-Order from Sweeney?
Build and Pre-order Your Perfect Vehicle at Sweeney!
We realize that everyone has different wants and needs regarding their next vehicle. When you pre-order from Sweeney, you’ll be able to get the exact color, trim, and features that you want on your next vehicle. You do not need to contact dozens of dealerships, endlessly searching for your perfect vehicle. Your time is valuable! Make Sweeney your one and only stop and we’ll order your vehicle for you!
The process is very simple…
- Fill out the form below to schedule an appointment with a product specialist. We will call you to confirm.
- During your appointment, we’ll go over all options with you, answer any questions, inspect your trade vehicle (if applicable), and build out your perfect vehicle.
- $1000 deposit is required to secure your pre-order.
- Check back on this page to track your vehicle’s progress and ETA
- Then we’ll notify you once it arrives!
Pre-ordering a new car online has become a fairly standard practice across all vehicle brands over the past year. As manufacturers struggle to meet demands and the economy recovers, some vehicles by GM and other brands may be in limited supply. Perhaps you’ve thought about pre-ordering your next car or at least wondered if you’ll need to if you want to save for a model with the features you want. At Sweeney Cars, we’re the best place to purchase your next car, including by pre-order.
Use this page and the handy form below to pre-order a Chevy, Buick, or GMC vehicle, and then pick it up from our dealership in Youngstown, Ohio. Check out the benefits of pre-ordering, and start customizing your model as soon as you’re ready. You can save a version with all the features and settings you want before any shortages limit your choices.
Why Should You Pre-Order Your Vehicle?
- You can build your dream car in your most desired color
- Get the vehicle YOU want with your trim level and specific features
- We guarantee your trade-in’s value until your new vehicle arrives, provided it is in the same condition
- You can watch your vehicle’s progress as it’s being built and shipped to us
Fill out the form below to start building and ordering your dream vehicle today!
What Is Automobile Pre-Ordering?
Pre-ordering a car means placing an order ahead of its market release schedule, ensuring you get the exact one you want in terms of trim level, color, features, and more. This way of buying has become more relevant in the wake of limited vehicle supply. Unlike traditional methods of buying a new car, where you’re left with what’s unsold after others have pre-ordered, the Sweeney Cars Pre-Order form lets you build your way up to a completed model, starting with trim levels before moving on to optional packages and other finishing details.
When you pre-order a GMC, Buick, or Chevy model from Sweeney Cars, we take your order and reserve it with the dealer. The car is created, shipped from the manufacturer, and transported to our dealership. We’ll keep it a short time to let you come by and drive it home, or you could have it delivered to a place of your choice. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment with a product specialist. We’ll call you to confirm.
- During your appointment, we’ll go over all the options with you and answer any questions you may have.
- We’ll also inspect the car you’re trading in during this meeting, if applicable.
- When your pre-order is ready to be secured, you’ll need to provide a $1,000 security deposit.
- Check this page again over the following days or weeks. Please remember that unreleased models or those with announced production delays will need time to become available.
Along with updates from this page, we’ll also contact you directly when your car is ready. Feel free to place pre-orders for a new Buick, GMC, or Chevy vehicle with Sweeney Cars in Youngstown, Ohio.
Why Should You Pre-Order Your Car?
Here are a few of the reasons you should pre-order your vehicle at Sweeney Cars:
- Build your dream car with your favorite color, trim level, wheel size, and more.
- Maximum value for money by getting exactly what you want.
- We guarantee your old car’s trade-in value until your new one arrives.
- Get updates on your vehicle’s progress as it’s built and delivered.
Why settle for a vehicle that is “close enough” to what you were really after? Our pre-order page helps you make sure you don’t miss the latest version of your favorite Chevy, GMC, or Buick car when it’s released. Please keep in mind that trade-ins will have a final inspection to confirm the condition, adjusting the price for any notable discrepancies.
What Is Causing the Car Shortage?
Although Sweeney Cars always carries a thorough inventory of new and pre-owned Buick, Chevy, and GMC vehicles, drivers who have shopped around for cars many times will notice that the current market has fewer available models than there used to be. There are a few reasons for the inventory shortages, but the biggest is production. Put simply, the economy is still in the last stages of recovery from the lockdowns.
The reason fewer cars are available is that manufacturers chose to make less. They made orders for lower numbers of parts as the Covid-19 pandemic was forcing more and more lockdowns and closures. Because no one was going outside or traveling, manufacturers knew that fewer people would want to buy cars. However, as things got better and lockdowns ceased, every major automaker now wants to scale back up to normal.
However, the United States doesn’t have many facilities to produce its own microprocessors, which are the plastic and metal chips that power modern computers. This is the most important part shortage that is limiting car availability. Modern cars all use computers for many systems, from general operation to safety features and infotainment screens. These computers need microprocessors, but the facilities used to produce them in the United States can’t handle all the demand at once.
As for when things will level out and the market will fill up again, it’s difficult to say. Predictions made in January suggested that the microchip shortage would improve in the first half of the year. However, most expert predictions now suggest that things are more likely to go back to normal at the end of 2022 or early 2023.
Is Pre-Ordering Getting More Popular?
Inventory shortages and driver preferences are leading to more and more people choosing to pre-order their cars. During the pandemic, when many people had no choice but to order a car online in this way, they enjoyed the simplicity and the chance to consider different options. Compared to browsing long rows of vehicles at your average dealership, being able to pre-select and customize a purchase feels informative and empowering.
Start Your Pre-Order Now or Contact Us With Questions
Your time is valuable, so why shop around at dozens of dealerships, endlessly searching for your perfect vehicle, when you can order it online? When you pre-order through Sweeney Cars, you’ll deal with a single point of contact who is committed to helping you. You’ll also receive our upfront price on all of our vehicles, so you’ll know you’re getting a fantastic bargain without having to haggle the price.
Watch Your Pre-Ordered Vehicle’s Progress!
Use our exclusive tracking list to see your vehicle and it’s estimated time of arrival!